Monday, March 26, 2012

Looking for Sponsors: CrossFit Regionals

Now that the CrossFit Games Open are over,  I have found out that I have actually have a shot to make it to the second stage! note: detailed blogpost on week 5 to follow in a few days.

Here is a quick preview of the competition in a previous blog post HERE:

What are the CrossFit Games Open & Regionals? 

The Open is a five week long worldwide competition which includes anything from Olympic weightifting, to gymnastics, to kettlebell training and a variety of skills. Each week, one workout is announced which we have to complete. Regionals? Through the open, the top 60 women, top 60 men, and 30 teams with the highest score in their REGION, will move to stage two, and for us the regionals will take place in KOREA. 

Who Am I? 

I am a 22-year-old Emirati, who is the first Emirati and GCC national female to take part in this worldwide competition, the Crossfit Games Open.

How am I eligible to compete in the second stage?

I was competing as an individual during the 5-week long competition and scored 77th in ASIA. However, I was also contributing to a team score. In the final week, my score was good enough to land me a spot in the top 3 women in our team, CrossFit LifeSpark Dubai.



What's next? The competition details:
Date: 4-6 May
Location: South Korea

What Am I looking for? 
Someone to help me and my team to get to regionals through sponsorship of travel costs.

How much do we need? 
Flights: 30,000AED
Accommodation: 20,000AED

Get in touch:

Our time is running out....any support you can give would make a difference!


1 comment:

Aliyah Firdous said...

We love to share hands with you. We really appreciate women taking part in different type of sports activities and your are making women around the world proud. Studying at OLWA University really helped me to participate in sports events like this because they organize a sports gala every year for university students in which student from different states take participation.