Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am Back...a Competitor!

I ended last year's post with a somewhat negative note. I started my new years with a depressive episode. Only to realize I am a lot stronger than I thought.

Sometimes, I like to fail. But not too deep to the point where I literally have to do many pull-ups I physically cannot. But I did it, eventually. I climbed my way up again...only to find myself fighting harder.

In my last post, I discussed how I had fears. Many fears, but guess what? I am smashing each of these...one at a time. Domino effect!

My fears & progress:

  1. Cannot do double unders:
Now guess what? Just 5 days after I wrote that post. I got my double-unders, and soon enough I will be able to string them together.

    2. Olympic Lifts:

My Snatch technique is getting much better. I am not a scared "to go under the bar" while doing a clean...and I just added 1kg to my clean @ 41kgs. Trust me, in the olympic lifts, one KG is what makes you or breaks you. So yes, 1kg...is a big deal. Getting closer to my 50kgs goal in 35 days.

    3. Learned how to do rope climbs:

After just 30 minutes of practising. More so, was able to pull my body at least 2cm off the ground by only pulling with my two arms, no legs. (ehm, good upper body strength indicator!)

    4. I am good enough and I know it:

I may not be as fit or as strong as other women all over the world. But as Amna, I have improved so much and I am beating MY own records and not one someone else's. I dislike when someone tries to compare me or when I compare me with others and their progress. In the end of the day, this is my journey, my vibrams, my blisters, my sweat, MY tears. This is me. 


   5. My fear of not making it in the competition: 

My response? Went right ahead and threw myself among the wolves and joined a local competition, the U energy games @ the Weight Loss Show, which will in a way prepare me physically and mentally for the competition I am training for that is taking place from the 22nd of Feb until the 25th of March (countdown time!) 


If you fear something? Jump right into it. You'd be surprised by how not so scary it is as you might've thought.

Yours truly,
Always a fighter


For more information on the U energy Games, visit their facebook page HERE. Do come and cheer for me ;). I wouldn't mind any support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heard about you through Think Up GCC. You are such an inspiration for women. Good luck and wishing all the best. You rock!

-Haya from Kuwait.